Author Topic: update coming soon for the forums  (Read 3207 times)

Offline David

update coming soon for the forums
« on: July 08, 2019, 12:50:04 AM »
I plan to completely redo the forums on the site.
a few add-ons over the time has kind of messed with a few of the files and is really causing a few mishaps on the boards a bit. So I plan to completely redo. Normally I would save some of the posts and accounts. If I can manage it I'll try to do that again this time around. But I thinking more along the lines of completely overall and starting fresh.

I'll give time for anything that is posted that someone might want to save so they can repost again at a later time just in case. I'll of course do an entire back up of the files and everything as well.

I don't have a time date set but it will be soon..just giving a bit of a heads up.
PSN Profile

" if you're talking behind my back, you're in a great place to kiss my ass!

Offline ~angel

• SLCN Fanatic
Re: update coming soon for the forums
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2019, 11:44:14 AM »
thank you for the notice :)

Offline David

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2019, 10:39:18 PM »
Alright everyone, I have attempted to save things from this forum to move to a updated version a bit but it's just running into to many problems. So what I plan to do is start fresh. I'll leave this forum up and running for those who wish to save posts to later repost onto the new when I have it all completed.

The big reason for this is some of the add-ons to help the board out have caused some issues with it in the long run. Over time it just kept adding up. I know personally I have to click on a link twice in order to read. Some are having issues posting videos because of the security that I currently have up. I'm going to go with the same, however I'll tweak it a bit more to hopefully prevent that. Anyway..with the new forum will be coming a new fresh look. I'm currently tweaking that as well a little bit too. I think it everyone will enjoy it as it is still a darker look, however it fits the theme of the site a bit more. And along with that your phones, tablets and such will adjust just like the site to fit whatever screen your using aka Responsive design.

Couple more days and I'll have things up and running I hope, and I'll shoot over a link. As I said I'll leave this up for a bit so anyone who wishes to save can do so.
PSN Profile

Offline David

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2019, 10:39:36 PM »
thank you for the notice :)

You're welcome!
PSN Profile