Author Topic: board update  (Read 1335 times)

Offline David

board update
« on: January 27, 2018, 01:44:13 PM »
I am going to be looking at updating the board,  I will post a update on the date soon.

What this means...

1. I am going to backup everything in order to make sure if something goes wrong I can revert back to the current setup and that no posts/private message and etc. is lost.

2. I will try to do this update onto another site to make sure that I can transfer things over correctly.

3. Once I am comfortable enough to know that it is working and everything is saved I will close the current board down and begin to update things. During this time only I will be able to access the board.

4. The theme on the board may or maynot change as well afterwards. I haven't decided on this yet but most likely I will update it in some sort of fashion but still keeping the darker theme. I find it better than that lighter at least when reading. But I am open to everyones thoughts on that.
PSN Profile

" if you're talking behind my back, you're in a great place to kiss my ass!

Offline ladynatasha

• Lace Undies Owner
Re: board update
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2018, 05:42:15 PM »
Yes I like it like this. This is Starlight Chat, not Sunlight Chat or Twilight Chat. Black is easy on the eyes.
Lady Natasha
Olympic Snuggling Champion
(If you can read this, you're squishing my boobies!)

Offline David

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2018, 02:33:24 PM »
LOL yeah I plan to keep the dark.

ok I think I am ready to try to update this thing...so I am going to do this ... around... Wed. the 7th. So during this time the board will be entirely down...and no posting will be allowed at that time. If everything goes well there should be no loss of posts, or anything of that nature. The theme I will be working with afterwards.
PSN Profile

Offline David

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2018, 09:54:15 PM »
Well go figure nothing on the upgrade went as planned. Everything had to be rebuilt. However I did manage to save all the posts and members that are currently signed to the board so not all was so bad!

Thanks for your patience everyone

if you notice any issues please send me a message and I'll see what I can do to correct.
PSN Profile

Offline David

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2018, 10:18:58 PM »
Alright, some might be having issues with the registration of the board since the upgrade. I am looking into this error. If you looking to join and getting the error send a note to me via the contact option on the links at the top of the pages of the site. And I'll register you up until it is fixed.

provide me with a name and password you would like to use.
PSN Profile

Offline ladynatasha

• Lace Undies Owner
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2018, 04:40:23 PM »
I was getting TEMPLATE errors on external linked images, but I signed in and that took care of that. No pictures for guests, i guess.
Lady Natasha
Olympic Snuggling Champion
(If you can read this, you're squishing my boobies!)

Offline David

« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2018, 11:34:27 PM »
Can you please take a look and see if you still get those errors? And when you say no images please copy and paste the url here so I can examine.

The registration part is now working. I found the issue with it.
PSN Profile

Offline Lady in Red

« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2018, 01:16:03 PM »
Hi David,

The only issue I had was the fact I wasn't signed in, that was easy enough to correct.........And the only other issue I can see from my end is the left hand side of the board where the Stars were, there is a box with graded grey color.....Otherwise, all is good from what I can see thus-far.

In addition, as I was about to post this note, I wanted to change font size, color and font face.........The font face does not work.....it stays on Courier.

*LiR* {QM}
« Last Edit: March 09, 2018, 06:01:13 PM by Lady in Red »
Never make someone a priority when they only  make you their option.

Offline David

« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2018, 01:44:24 PM »
Hello,

Yeah the reason you wasn't signed in was because of the "cookie" the forum created was changed during the update and fixes I had to make. It should keep you signed in now I believe. If not let me know!

hmm in order to change the font unless it is something you did before you need to remove the coding first and redo. At least it worked for me..

As you can see here

and here

oh, yes I need to update the stars instead of the boxes...thanks for pointing that out by the way!
PSN Profile

Offline Lady in Red

« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2018, 06:03:26 PM »
Hi David,

I just did exactly the same thing I did originally only this time it worked.....Not sure why but the result I wanted is accomplished.

*Lady in Red* {QM}

Offline David

« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2018, 11:57:43 PM »
it might have been something I was doing when you tried the first time versus me not working on it at the time. Glad it is working now though!
PSN Profile

Offline Lady in Red

« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2018, 12:57:36 AM »
Hi David,

No problem......a moment in time.......and I'm glad it's working too.

*LiR* {QM}

Offline Joseph

• SLC Fanatic
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2018, 09:14:51 AM »
 Testing, 1, 2, 3.

Offline Joseph

• SLC Fanatic
« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2018, 09:29:21 AM »
 David, I'm enjoying my rooms very much and appreciate all your help.  You have a beautiful chat website.. thank you!

jayson

« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2018, 11:51:38 PM »
The update seems to have fixed the annoying removal of URL when wanting to change avatar....I remember trying to just change the name of a file and it kept deleting the entire address.

So thanks for fixing.....

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk