Author Topic: chat server reset and other things  (Read 515 times)

Offline David

chat server reset and other things
« on: April 10, 2017, 02:00:43 PM »
I reset the chat server today to make sure that the site continues to run as well as it has been. It had been a little while since I have done that.

Also, over the next couple of days I am going to make some changes to the actual site. All the site links located at the top of the pages will be edited and changed some. So if you have anything bookmarked please be advised that those probably will change. The only thing that won't is the Members Only Area, Private Room Creator, Webmail and Webspace links. Everything else will be changed around because of some flaws I am getting that I want to correct.

Along with that changes will be the front entrance of the site. Not so much the look but how it is setup. All updates I will start to post here on the forum instead. This will help eliminate some loading issues I have on my end that goes completely unnoticed by the chatters and as well limit down some of the resources that has been used as well which will benefit to the site even more.

PSN Profile

" if you're talking behind my back, you're in a great place to kiss my ass!

Offline David

Re: chat server reset and other things
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2017, 01:35:52 PM »
Seems the power went out over the night where the chat server is being hosted and knocked things offline. I was not on until around 1:30 est so I was unaware of the issue. I apologize for the rooms being down, everything is back up and running.

mother nature sure is a bitch... she kept me up all last night with her "thundering" sounds!
PSN Profile

Offline David

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2017, 02:14:52 PM »
It has come to my attention that when the power outage on the site happened that an email had not come through because of the main server being briefly down and rebooted.

If anyone has sent a email during that time please resend as it probably did not come through.
PSN Profile

Offline David

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2017, 11:52:34 PM »
I am going to reboot the chat server this Saturday.  Shouldn't be any problems just doing it to make sure that the rooms flow as smoothly as possibly can.
PSN Profile